Bechtel Corporation Project Controls Engineer II/III Vogtle (208759 PH) in Waynesboro, Georgia
Requisition ID: 208759
Position Title: Project Controls Engineer II/III Vogtle (208759 PH)
Project: Vogtle Plant Units 3 and 4 Construction Services
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Relocation Authorized: National - Family
Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug and alcohol screen, background check
In August of 2017, Georgia Power selected Bechtel to complete construction of the two-reactor expansion of a nuclear power plant near Augusta, Georgia. Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 will be the first new units built in the U.S. in the last three decades and are currently the only new units being constructed in the country.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
Performs on-project cost, scheduling, estimating, analysis, and control activities as directed including:
Schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification, and recovery planning
Estimate development, budget control, reporting and analysis
Assists with studies, forecasts, trends, problem solving exercises as required
1. Assists with budget allocation and reporting/cost control regime for specific construction discipline or group of disciplines.
2. Assists with reporting distributable and/or contractors’ indirect costs, including temporary facilities, miscellaneous construction services, construction tools and equipment, non-manual manpower, and other field office costs.
3. Assists with reporting progress relative to established milestones for total project or major portions of the project.
4. Gathers and verifies data on schedule, work force, and quantities to update and status discipline or specialty progress and performance reports. Identifies activities that have a critical or potential impact on schedule.
5. Assists with developing and maintaining scope-specific schedules for easy integration into the total project plan following established project procedures/practices. Assists with developing discipline level work logics in support of overall project schedule.
6. Assists with schedule resource loading and leveling and with bulk commodity release and installation curves.
7. Maintains open communications with other organizations to support schedule maintenance and reporting.
8. Assists with maintenance of critical path schedule reports and schedule performance metrics. Performs schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities.
9. Assists with schedule recovery plans when required
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with 1 year of related work experience; in lieu of degree, 7 years of related experience is required.
Must have the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship.
Experience performing quantity takeoffs, statistical analysis, schedule monitoring, report writing, and computer operations. Skilled in understanding technical processes, engineering drawings, quantity determinations, and mathematical and financial reports.
Knowledge in the use of computers for executing work processes.
Statistical knowledge in the areas of sampling, distributions, probability, and hypothesis testing for metrics.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as schedule network software such as Primavera.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.