Bechtel Corporation Technical Advisor Lead (Sydney) in Sydney, United States
Requisition ID: 209125
Bechtel continue to attract the best talent to join our teams across the globe and we recognize that the ideal role may not be available just yet. As we continue to grow and expand, we are excited to speak to qualified professionals who are interested in opportunities in Sydney Australia.
We are keen to receive expressions of interest from Technical Advsior Leads. If you wish to register your interest, please apply and your application will be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition team.
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Infrastructure Global Business Unit:
Infrastructure is not just about physical assets, such as roads and bridges. It is also about providing people with the power, clean water, communications, and mobility that they need. With the world population expected to reach more than 9 billion by 2050, purposeful, smartly, and sustainably designed infrastructure will become critical to expanding society’s access to public goods and innovations that advance individual and community capacity, well-being, national economic growth, and overall prosperity.
The Technical Advisor Lead (TAL) is responsible to provide guidance and resolve complex technical engineering and/or architectural issues on the project. The TAL is responsible to review Design work packages developed by 3rd Party engineering consultants and/or design firms and ensure they meet the Project requirements. Provide technical guidance to the discipline engineers and architects assigned to the project. Reports to the Project Engineering Manager.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives operational supervision from the Project Engineering Manager and the Project Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Exercises functional direction over assigned Engineers, Engineering Supervisors and Project Engineers.
- Participates in contacts with the client and 3rd Party designers on technical matters relating to the project
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of engineering on the project.
2. Keeps informed on the status of all project issues involving assigned personnel with respect to schedule, budget, work quality and client satisfaction, and contributes leadership, experience and expertise in the solution of complex technical issues.
3. Formulates and recommends for approval, solutions to complex technical issues; present solutions internally, externally or to the customer.
4. Reporting to Project Engineering Manager on Engineering performance and progress of technical issues.
5. Participate in the review and acceptance of 3rd Party produced design documents.
6. Facilitate with the supply of technical information to the designers to allow the programme to progress.
7. Participates in project planning prior to proposals to provide technical guidance in the engineering review of proposals.
8. Monitors the use of available engineering computer programs, technical advances and engineering management control techniques on the projects assigned.
9. Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project or program.
Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, and design criteria in all engineering disciplines. Aviation or Rail project experience is preferred.
Extensive technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and materials and applications of 3-D computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided engineering (CAE) to engineering problems.
Experience managing engineering design efforts including management of 3rd Party designers with a minimum of 2 large infrastructure projects, Aviation or Rail project experience is preferred.
Proficient knowledge of activities and operations in other functions including procurement, construction, environmental safety and health (ES&H), and quality assurance.
Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication including technical writing.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, open-minded with an energetic and proactive personal style.
Experience in complex stakeholder management and negotiation.
Proficient in negotiation for dealing with client representatives.
The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in architecture, engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, AND
A professional license in an engineering discipline, or a license to practice architecture from a recognized licensing board is preferred, AND
Specialized courses in relevant general engineering, architectural design or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
Extensive progressive work experience, including supervision, preferably in project and staff design engineering or architectural design or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.