Bechtel Corporation Infrastructure / PPT /TPEC Engineer in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 208709
Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods, techniques, procedures and criteria, using independent judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Performs assignments, which have clear and specific objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables for an engineering discipline within a global business unit. Records the development of engineering progress of the third party engineers of record for the project.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives technical and administrative supervision from an Engineering Supervisor. Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions. Assistance is furnished on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of acceptable methods and judgment.
B. Supervision Exercised
- None: Provides technical direction to drafters, designers, technicians and less experienced engineers as directed.
- Contacts counterpart in other disciplines, supplier/client representatives and project field personnel when directed, to either gather or give information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Mantain control of the third party engineers of record documentation
2. Preparation and follow-up of reports associated to vendor print reviews of the third party engineers
1. Monitors project controls within discipline.
2. Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
3. Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Knowledge of project controls within discipline.
Good knowledge of major industry or regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
Basic skill in oral and written communication.
The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or a related scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
A professional Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license from a recognized licensing board, OR
A sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND
Developmental experience such as practical work experience in design engineering or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering, or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or other engineering/construction firms.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project in Santiago, Chile.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.