Bechtel Corporation Environmental Engineer in Santiago, Chile
Requisition ID: 205113
Responsible for integration of environmental issues and requirements into proposals, planning documents, permit applications, design specifications and criteria, construction plans and schedules, bid specifications, and subcontract packages for Bechtel projects. Has technical responsibility for interpreting complex requirements, evaluating and applying appropriate scientific/environmental engineering principles, and formulating scopes of work, plans, and methodologies suitable for achieving and maintaining compliance with environmental requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Works with global business units on bid decisions, proposal development, and estimates (scope, constraints, schedules, budgets) with respect to integration and compliance with environmental requirements.
2. Provides technical support to feasibility studies, site assessment studies, and project risk assessments.
3. When assigned as Project Environmental Lead (PEL), responsible for coordinating appropriate consideration of environmental requirements with (Sub)Contracts, Engineering, and Construction personnel.
4. Provides environmental technical support and assistance to Bechtel projects and coordinates environmental requirements and formulation of mitigation measures.
5. Participates in meetings with customers, project team members, and contractors/subcontractors to advise them of environmental requirements that may affect project design, schedule, and cost.
6. Responsible for drafting Environmental Compliance Plans, Construction Environmental Control Plans (CECP), project specific mitigation plans, environmental awareness training programs, and technical reports.
7. Provides recommendations and input for revising procedures, work processes, and other quality improvement measures
Advanced knowledge in a field of science, environmental engineering, or related discipline.
Knowledge of environmental sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
Knowledge of national and international environmental laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for environmental compliance, and best management practices for minimizing potential environmental impacts during project execution.
Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of environmental subcontractors or consultants.
Experience in environmental monitoring and compliance inspection during construction.
Knowledge of hazardous materials and waste management, erosion and sediment control methods, and restoration techniques.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s organization structure, functions, and administrative procedures.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Knowledge of Bechtel standard computer applications.
Bachelor of Science degree in life sciences (e.g., biology, ecology, forestry) or physical sciences (e.g., geology, meteorology), or environmental engineering from an accredited college or university.
Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing environmental programs, budgets and staff) and field environments (e.g., construction execution and/or operating facilities) performing the responsibilities listed above.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.