Bechtel Corporation Senior Estimating Engineer - NPMO in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Requisition ID: 207754
Supervises and reviews the preparation and presentation of estimates. Responsible for managing and directing assigned personnel executing conceptual estimating, cost analysis and estimate coordination and consolidation. Performs in a Project Estimator capacity supervising cost estimate efforts on a small projects/proposals. Provides estimating assistance and guidance to the projects.
- Reports to, and receives technical and operational guidance from Estimating Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
§Provides technical and operational supervision operational supervision to assigned personnel.
- Provides detailed day-to-day supervision of assigned personnel during preparation of a project proposal.
§Continuing contacts with Project Manager and project/proposal team members.
§Continuing contacts with working and supervisory level personnel of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and other Bechtel departments.
§Continuing contacts with the vendor community.
§Periodic contacts with clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The following duties are performed with respect to Estimate Execution, the process of conducting an evaluation of services and/or capital cost elements of a project or effort as defined by an agreed-upon scope that will be used to make key management decisions:
1.Researches and develops or reviews tax estimates including federal, state and local tax problems. Assists in development or develops foreign currency and exchange rates estimates, and coordinates with Treasury.
2.Prepares or reviews contingency, escalation, evaluations, and reconciliations for estimates; comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects. Prepares risk models (BECRAC), and performs analysis.
3.Prepares or reviews management presentations. Effectively presents estimate Management Review package to estimate team, Department Management and Business Line Management. Schedules internal reviews.
4.Assists in the preparation of Project Profitability Summary (PPS) and additional data needed to comply with Policy 222.
5.Prepares/assists in preparation of proposal cash flows and working capital analysis.
6.Ensures lessons learned are incorporated appropriately into the estimates.
The following duties are performed with respect to Foundation Development, the process of establishing and maintaining technical capabilities for personnel, cost databases and tools:
1. Participates in developing and presenting designated subjects in training classes and provides on the job training for specific processes and practices.
2. Supervises updates and maintenance of historical cost data and databases.
3. Supports development of estimating policies, standards and procedures.
4. Reviews modification of standard estimating templates.
5. Understands the relevant commercial terms and conditions and performs analysis on received commercial data.
The following duties are performed with respect to Project/Site Management Support, the process of providing support services to projects/sites in the form of external cost analysis and estimate reviews in addition to estimate-to-budget conversions:
1. Supervises the preparation of cost studies utilizing historical data, statistical analysis and cost and quantity comparisons. Innovative and develops new techniques as required to meet specific needs
2. Oversees estimate-to-budget process. When requested, assists Project Controls Engineer in developing or revising project codes of accounts. Assists projects in identifying scope deviations.
3. Analyzes cost/price data from suppliers/subcontractors, PCWorks, EPPR with the ability to generate comparative data (historical costs and other metrics) as part of the cost/price analysis.
4. Participates in and contributes to Value Engineering studies.
The following duties are performed with respect to Estimating Management processes:
1. Develops and ensures group strategy is consistent with upper management directions.
2. Manages proposal strategies with Proposal Management and joint venture partners as applicable.
3. Provides input to staffing plans. Provides support, inputs into, and monitors planning, workload and resource allocation. Interfaces with and coordinates estimating workload with project control programs.
4. Prepares annual performance reviews when delegated, interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
Demonstrated advanced understanding of Estimating core processes and procedures.
Extensive knowledge and experience in EPC estimating practices and methods, including demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review and present cost estimating products with a minimum of supervision.
In-depth knowledge of project schedules and is able to predict/extrapolate costs curves based on experience of scheduled-activities/cost correlation analysis.
Knowledge of manual labor and equipment and derivation of composite craft/category labor rates.
Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques.
Knowledge of relevant commercial terms and conditions such as currency exchange impacts and hedging arrangements.
Demonstrated ability to readily analyze estimate data and correlate to other projects and Bechtel standards.
In-depth knowledge of the applicable Bechtel work processes and systems. Knowledge and experience in supervisory procedures and practices.
Knowledge of current industry and technical developments. Knowledge of global market pricing and construction practices.
Knowledge in the use of technology for executing work processes. Proficient in Microsoft and scheduling software applications currently being used by Bechtel (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Primavera, Microsoft Project). Basic knowledge of general estimating systems currently being used by Bechtel (EPIC, BETK, HCSS, Candy, etc.)
Skilled in oral and written communication with demonstrated ability to present estimating information to peers and management.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.