Bechtel Corporation Project Document Manager, Reston in Reston, Virginia
Requisition ID: 209801
As part of the Project Team under the direction of the Project Manager, plans, controls, and directs the full scope of records management and administrative activities for the project.
This is a 9 month assignment located in Reston. The candidate would ideally relocate to the jobsite in Wellsville, Ohio after the 9 months in Reston.
Job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Register, control, distribute, transmit, file and archive project records using Aconex, the Enterprise Content Management System (ECMS)
to Plan scope of administrative work, develop and implement staffing
plan, establish priorities, train personnel to perform their assigned
duties in area of responsibility, conduct interviews, and recommend
2. Maintain access to Aconex and perform other tasks associated with ECMS
administration as necessary.
3. Supervise administrative personnel assigned to the project in the
functions of document management with regard to Bechtel design documents,
supplier documents, communication and construction records.
4. Develop and implement records retention and turnover plan.
5. Communicate effectively with project team members, client, and field
personnel to ensure quality, schedule and budget are met as defined.
6. Support quality assurance audits, internal technical reviews, client
reviews, and ISO 9000 audits.
7. Process a high volume of construction, supplier, and/or Bechtel
8. Prepare routine documents using standard word processing,
spreadsheets, or other office software as needed to support work
9. Keep abreast of department technologies, techniques, and services
that become available.
10. Provide technical guidance to project team members in use of
automated document management tools.
11. Plan, organize, and implement systems for efficient document
processing including design and supplier documents, construction,
communication, and the organization of record-keeping.
12. Develop and implement procedures and deliver to team members as
13. Support development of duties and standards, prepare performance
reviews, and coach individuals in performance enhancement.
14. Coordinate project space requirements, communications, equipment,
project library, and handle general facilities needs.
15. Perform / assist with other general administrative duties as
1. Must have the right to work and remain in the United States without
2. Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal
communication skills including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and
proper use of syntax.
3. Must have a minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in document management. Experience must have been obtained
within the past 7 years. Must have a minimum of 3 or more years current
supervisory experience. Experience must have been obtained within the
past 5 years.
4. Must be familiar with coordination of records with an Alternate
Execution Unit office.
5. Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of individual initiative,
discretion and diplomacy.
6. Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency
using Microsoft 2010 Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word. Skills
assessments may be administered to test proficiency level.
7. Must be able to organize and prioritize administrative deliverables.
8. Must be willing and able to travel to jobsite locations as needed.
9. Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Experience using Aconex.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.