Bechtel Corporation Administrative Assistant - Reston, Project in Reston, Virginia
Requisition ID: 209751
This position is for an Administrative Assistant to provide support for project related work. The work location for this assignment is Reston, Virginia. Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
Job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1. Must have advanced writing and grammatical skills to author correspondence requiring management signatures. Skills assessments may be administrated to test proficiency level.
2. Update the department or project Website, organization chart and personnel roster
3. Coordinate and/or personally handle requests from customers, manager, and in-house work team.
4. Arrange for Special Couriers (FedEx/UPS/DHL/etc.) and Media Services requests when necessary
5. Assist with the coordination of Service Awards write-ups and presentations as necessary
6. Perform other assignments as assigned using applicable automation systems/software. These assignments may include:
* Coordination of committee meetings and senior management meetings
* Preparation and control of budget and job-hour reports
* Coordination of special programs for the organization
*Administration of financial matters of a highly sensitive and confidential nature
* Acting as manager delegate to meetings
* Space planning and move coordination/automation coordination
7. Work with the facilities planners to coordinate floor space and employee office moves.
8. Provide timecard input as proxy for department/project employees when they are unable to complete on their own.
9. Order stationery, business cards and other office supplies as requested for work team.
10. Determine action on important or emergency matters. Know whom to contact in absence of manager, and maintain files for the manager attention upon his/her return.
11. Keeps abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of manager.
12. Compile information; analyze and prepare routine studies, correspondence, and reports as directed by manager.
13. Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence using Bechtel standard word processing systems and InfoWorks when required, following established guidelines.
14. Develop and maintain desktop procedures and ensure coverage in absence from office. Guide the implementation of office procedures, filing and record-keeping systems.
15. Interface with senior level management and staff, various departments and personnel throughout Bechtel and customer organizations when required for the completion of assigned tasks.
16. Manage visitors by notifying security with names and expected arrival dates and times. Welcome and escort guests.
17. Coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences. Arrange for facilities, equipment, and catering (to include off-site meetings). May prepare and distribute notices, agendas, information packets, and meeting minutes.
18. Coordinate complex domestic and international travel plans including passports, visas, and detailed itineraries. Complete expense reports for manager travel and reconcile expenses against monthly corporate credit card statement.
19. Receives and screens phone calls and visitors and directs them to the appropriate parties. Completes business independently as appropriate. Ensures coverage in absence.
20. Collects, reviews, and distributes incoming hard copy and electronic mail. Independently handles mail not requiring manager attention. Reviews outgoing mail to ensure accuracy and proper format.
21. Independently maintains a hard copy or electronic calendar for responsible manager.
1. Must have the right to work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship.
2. Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
3. Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word. Skills assessments may be administered to evaluate proficiency.
4. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proper use of syntax. Skills assessments may be administered to evaluate proficiency.
5. Must have expereince coordinating events and/or making arrangements for large meetings.
6. Must have expereince arranging domestic and international travel, including coordination of visas and passports. Experience must have been obtained wtihin the past 3 years.
7. Must have minimum of 5 years office administrative/secretarial experience. Experience must have been obtained within the past 7 years.
1. Previous Bechtel experience working as an administrative assistant/secretary.
2. Holds a current Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or Certified Administrative Professional with Organizational Management (CAP-OM) credential.
3. In depth knowledge of Bechtel organizational structure, functions and procedures.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.