Bechtel Corporation Project Engineering Manager - Expression of Interest in N/A, Peru
Requisition ID: 207678
Expressions of Interest sought, project pending award.
Plans and coordinates engineering work on one extremely large complex project, more than one lesser project or designated large engineering assignments (program) within a global business unit. Has full technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. Is responsible for acting independently on engineering matters pertaining to the project, projects or designated large engineering assignments.
A. Supervision Received
- Receives administrative supervision from a global business unit Manager of Engineering/Engineering Manager in terms of broad general objectives and limits. Receives operational supervision from a Project Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Exercises functional direction over assigned Engineers, Engineering Supervisors and Project Engineers.
- Participates in contacts with the client on matters relating to project engineering progress and quality. Participates, as appropriate, in contacts with prospective and present clients to help develop new business for the global business unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. In consultation with Manager of Engineering and Chief Engineers, makes the initial selection of project engineer management team (Project Engineers/Project Engineering Managers), and Engineering Supervisors on new projects, for engineering management/project management and client approval.
2. Directs and provides technical and administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of engineering projects.
3. Reviews staffing plans on all assignments.
4. Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
5. Participates in project planning prior to proposals to provide technical guidance in the engineering and construction review of proposals.
6. Inputs to, owns and reviews project schedules and approves staffing estimates for engineering personnel for new proposals and jobs as assigned.
7. Keeps informed on the status of all projects involving assigned personnel with respect to schedule, budget, work quality and client satisfaction, and contributes leadership, experience and expertise in the solution of difficult problems.
8. Inputs to and owns the engineering elements of a project capital estimate (proposals and execution) quantities and budgets.
9. Reviews major changes or deviations in project scope, project material quantities, budget or schedule, and assists particularly with defining the change, obtaining accurate estimates of the hours involved, and recommending budget adjustment.
10. Monitors the use of available engineering computer programs, technical advances and engineering management control techniques on the projects assigned.
11. Formulates and recommends for approval, engineering plans and programs for assigned projects.
12. Champions the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction on the project or program.
Extensive technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and materials and applications of computers 2-D and 3-D computer aided design (CAD) and computer aided engineering (CAE) to engineering problems.
Proficient knowledge of global business unit activities and operations including business development, legal, procurement, construction, environmental safety and health (ES&H), and quality assurance.
Broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards, Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs), Engineering Department Procedures, and project controls and design criteria in all engineering disciplines.
Broad knowledge of administrative practices.
Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Proficient in negotiation for dealing with client representatives.
The above is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in architecture, engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, AND
A professional license in an engineering discipline, or a license to practice architecture from a recognized licensing board, AND
Specialized courses in relevant general engineering, architectural design or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
Extensive progressive work experience, including supervision, preferably in project and staff design engineering or architectural design or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants or engineering/construction firms.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Peru.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.