Bechtel Corporation Communications Manager in N/A, Canada
Requisition ID: 211813
Manages communications activities for a major project. Accountable for the development, management, and execution of an issue management, external affairs, communications, or community affairs program that anticipates and addresses external and internal issues which impact the organization’s ability to perform effectively. Exhibits strategic management and leadership skills related to the assigned political, media, civic, or communications program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Performs some or all of the duties as indicated below:
1. Works closely with project management and client to identify, analyze, and prioritize issues, and to mobilize and coordinate resources to plan for, influence, and respond to their development.
2. Advises project management and client on media issues and employee communication activities and assists in the preparation of management presentations.
3. Establishes and maintains a close liaison with appropriate government, political, media, civic, and industry leaders, as well as other interested parties, in the communities of project.
1. Manages all or part of the project’s media relations program ensuring consistency and compliance with country business unit, service organization, office, and project-level messages and protocols.
2. Researches and writes press releases, articles, and briefings on Bechtel projects, personnel, technical innovations, new job awards, and other Bechtel activities.
3. Manages the preparation, clearing, and releasing of information, articles, photographs, and video to newspapers, magazines, and television.
4. Develops ideas for publications, approves stories and graphics approach, and manages the activities of the writing staff responsible for a project publication(s).
1. Develops and delivers internal communications activities, including planning, face-to-face engagement, electronic news, and intranet management, to align the goals and objectives of employees with those of their respective business units, service organizations, offices and projects.
1. Works with assigned staff to develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and processes that ensure the project’s communication needs are met in a consistent, efficient, and flexible manner.
2. Supports the implementation of the project’s initiatives and the utilization of project communication technology tools.
3. Manages assigned staff, evaluates personnel performance, and recommends, for management approval, personnel actions such as hires, compensation and transfers.
degree from a recognized university and or college in communications, media relations or other relevant specialty;
possesses at least 15 years’ experience in leading communications and stakeholder engagement on similarly scoped transit and transportation construction projects;
bilingual in English and French
possesses demonstrated relevant communications experience;
has the right to live and work in Canada
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.