Bechtel Corporation Project Controls Manager - Short Term Assignment in Muscat, Oman
Requisition ID: 210248
PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER - 6 TO 12 MONTHS ASSIGNMENT
Responsible for cost engineering, cost estimating, cost analysis/control, and planning/scheduling activities for a small to medium size project, or for discipline/project/proposal estimating or staff planning activities that require a high degree of technical skill and experience. Directs cost estimating, analysis, and control activities and schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, impact identification, and recovery plan development activities. Directs the preparation and presentation of on-project estimates and cost forecasts. Supports project organizational and administrative activities. Provides generally non-routine cost engineering/planning and scheduling guidance. Identifies, analyzes, and provides innovative solutions to cost engineering and planning/scheduling problems. Responsible for the development, execution, and management of all facets of a staffed Project Execution Risk Management (PERM) program.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives technical and operational guidance from functional Project Controls management.
Receives operational direction from Project Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel.
- Continuing contacts with project managers; project team members; Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management; and client personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Responsible for effective execution of Project Controls programs on an assigned project in accordance with Bechtel Group, Inc. Project Controls Department Procedures.
2. Reviews and approves Earned Revenue Determination Data, Proposal Financial Summaries, Project Financial Status Reports, and Charge For Project Working Capital calculations for assigned projects.
3. Plans staffing needs for assigned projects.
4. Reviews contract drafts to ensure they include adequate cost and scope definition and meet Project Controls requirements. Coordinates development of all data in support of negotiations.
5. Prepares, coordinates, and directs Project Controls presentations to Bechtel and client management, as required.
6. Participates in the development and training of assigned personnel and in the implementation of on-the-job and classroom training programs.
7. Conducts personnel performance reviews and career counseling. Interviews candidates for employment and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
8. Directs project control activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy, objectives, and standards applicable to cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
9. Prepares the Project Controls plan for assigned projects.
10. Maintains liaison with GBU functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures.
11. Provides structured leadership and guidance for the overall execution of PERM activities. Provides project leaders and relevant stakeholders with risk awareness support and guidance as necessary.
12. Provides oversight, training, mentoring, and ensure capability of Project Risk Coordinator(s) and Project Risk Specialist(s) in conducting PERM activities towards the attainment of project objectives.
13. Develops and maintains project Risk Management Plan (RMP), metrics, and reports. Develops and reviews risk breakdown structures, risk libraries, and risk identification tools and frameworks in support of project needs.
14. Provides leadership in terms of integrating the risk management process with other key project procedures (e.g. Change Management, Forecasting, Cost, Trends, and Claims and support corporate, GBU, commercial group, and functional stakeholders in managing enterprise level PERM activities as required.
15. Provides leadership and guidance for the analysis of specially assigned risk initiatives or work planning requiring detailed risk development, assessment, and response planning efforts.
Experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, and cost analysis, in the field and the home office. Experience and demonstrated skill in directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and home office. Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for Project Controls activities.
Skilled in direction, personnel administration, and training of technical and nontechnical personnel.
Skilled in oral and written communication, with demonstrated ability to present Project Controls information to management/client.
Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems.
Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience. Knowledge of current industry and technical developments.
Demonstrated expertise in delivery, communication, and training of risk processes and procedures.
Expert capabilities in the use of the various PERM tools and methods including use of Active Risk Manager (ARM) software, @RISK, and Primavera Risk Analysis (PRA) and/or Acumen Risk and including risk statement drafting, preparation of treatment plans, and providing written risk analysis and reports for Senior Management levels.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.