Bechtel Corporation Workface Planning - Synchro 4D Planner in Monaca, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 208947
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: National - Family
Project No.: 25873
As part of the Construction function and reporting to the Workface Planning Manager (WFPM), the Synchro 4D planner is responsible for development and maintenance of the 4D planning tool for the project. 4D planning is a powerful method of visualizing the project’s sequence and plan as related to the 3D model provided from our Engineering tools. The ability to provide visual animations of work sequences and scenarios allows our construction personnel to more keenly understand the results of a proposed plan as related to installation and conflict resolution across disciplines and areas. The ability to visualize the results of sequencing is valuable in both the development of a plan as well as the demonstration of the plan to various stakeholders via animation.
The 4D Synchro Planner is responsible for:
1. Loading the project’s 3D model and P6 schedule into the 4D planning tool with updates as required.
2. Enhanced attribution of the project model by commodity, pillar, and system for the purpose of associating objects.
3. Participation in the sequencing of the 90-day lookahead to demonstrate visually the results of the plan for the purpose of identifying potential constraints and successes.
4. Providing periodic animations to project management and customer stakeholders.
5. As needed, problem solving gaps in the project’s model data as it relates to the usefulness of the model in the field.
6. Continually influencing input to the project schedule with the end-game in mind system turnover and physical completion.
7. Providing strategy and solution-based input to the site leadership team.
General skill sets:
Management and Communication Coordinates across functions, both peer-to-peer and vertically, to develop tangible execution strategies. Communicates execution plans and strategies to project and site management, other key project stakeholders, and customer personnel where appropriate. Ability to interface with personnel of varying backgrounds and skill sets.
Conceptualization and Problem-solving Ability to help teams define strategic direction for the purpose of developing practical action plans. Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to help resolve challenges and roadblocks as they arise. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Technical Experience developing tools and processes that integrate complex databases. Previous experience in Engineering, Startup, or Project Controls is beneficial.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.