Bechtel Corporation Workface Planning Coordinator (ECU) in Monaca, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 208941
As part of the Construction function and reporting to the Workface Planning Manager (WFPM), the Workface Planning Coordinator (WFPC) is responsible for facilitating the inputs into the project’s Workface Planning (WFP) program with primary responsibilities associated to constraint removal, strategizing execution of field work with responsible supervision, ensuring detailed construction input is represented in project systems, and coordinating across the project’s EPC functions to ensure constant alignment to the field execution strategy.
The Workface Planning Coordinator (WFPC) is responsible for:
1. Workface Planning:
1. Input to the 90-day and 3-week lookahead by Installation Work Package (IWP).
2. Ensuring the accuracy of the Level 4 schedule for all commodities.
3. 4D planning and modeling the construction installation sequence.
4. Ensuring constraint-free IWP’s are made available to the field: Tracking readiness and providing visibility to constraints at pre-construction intervals of 150-days, 90-days, and 3-weeks as well as driving removal of constraints via cross-functional communication and coordination.
2. Validating the sequence of IWP development to ensure it aligns with the field execution strategy.
3. Establishing metrics and dashboards for monitoring the performance of the Workface Planning program and its effectiveness toward improving construction productivity.
4. Providing strategy and solution-based input to the site leadership team.
The Workface Planning Coordinator (WFPC) provides input to:
1. Area/System-based work package scoping during FEED or front end of detailed Engineering.
2. Construction Work Packaging (CWP) and Installation Work Packaging (IWP) scope and schedule as produced by the Project Field Engineer (PFE).
3. Project schedules as produced by Project Controls.
4. Field execution sequence and strategy as produced by the Field Superintendents.
5. Material delivery and sequencing as defined by the Field Procurement Manager.
6. Startup systems sequencing and testing as defined by the project Startup Manager.
7. Project Automation plans and data exchanges to facilitate the Workface Planning program.
8. Subcontractor integration within the Workface Planning Program.
General skill sets:
Management and Communication Coordinates across functions, both peer-to-peer and vertically, to develop tangible execution strategies. Communicates execution plans and strategies to project and site management, other key project stakeholders, and customer personnel where appropriate. Capable of summarizing large amounts of project data into clear and concise report outs. Ability to interface with personnel of varying backgrounds and skill sets.
Conceptualization and Problem-solving Ability to help teams define strategic direction for the purpose of developing practical action plans. Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to help resolve challenges and roadblocks as they arise.
Technical Strong understanding of Bechtel construction practices, process improvement methodologies, and innovative trends within the construction industry. Previous experience in Engineering, Startup, or Project Controls is beneficial. Working knowledge of developing unit rate and performance factors is a plus. Strong knowledge of BSAPs and standard programs used on Bechtel EPC projects such as Integraph’s Smart Plant design tools, TeamWorks, Infoworks, Digital Supply Chain, Synchro 4D, Bechtel Production System, etc. is preferred.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.