Bechtel Corporation Civil/Structural Superintendent (PE) in Monaca, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 208768
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: National - Family
Project No.: 25873
Pennsylvania Chemicals is a world-scale facility that will produce 1.6 million tonnes of polyethylene (PE) per year, comprising of two gas phase polyethylene trains and one slurry phase polyethylene train. Over 1000 workers will be engaged in the PE team at peak construction. The balance of facilities on the project include an ethylene cracker unit, a gas-fired combined cycle cogeneration power plant, a large rail yard and other OSBL facilities. The overall project will involve up to 6,000 workers during its construction and is expected to employ 600 permanent employees when completed. The construction site is located in the Ohio River Valley north-west of Pittsburgh.
1. Responsible for field construction operations within Civil / Concrete discipline.
2. Determines workforce requirements. Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft. Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
3. Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
4. Approves craft time records using established automated tools.
5. Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
6. Monitors tool usage on the site. Prepares Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
7. Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
8. Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
9. Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas and clients’ resident representatives, as instructed by construction management.
10. Performs employee reviews and identifies training and development opportunities for subordinate personnel.
11. Ensures that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
1. Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
2. Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
3. Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
4. Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
5. Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
6. Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
7. Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
8. Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
9. Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
10. Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
11. Experience working with, supervising USA Building Trades Unions.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.