Bechtel Corporation Process Improvement Superintendent in Manama, Bahrain
Requisition ID: 206266
Bechtel is a global provider of engineering, construction, and project management services with a reputation for excellence and innovative project delivery. An immediate opportunity exists, within our Mining and Metals business unit to be part of the ALBA Potline 6 Project in Manama, Bahrain.
The Board of Directors of Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C (ALBA) has directed the ALBA Management Team to implement the construction of Potline 6 (the “Project”) and all other necessary facilities to produce an additional 540,000 tonnes per year (tpy) (nominal) of production capacity. The Project will include key facilities such as: Green Anode Production, Anode Bake, Anode Rodding, Reduction & Reduction Services, Casthouse and all associated infrastructure and sub facilities.
The Project Leadership Team will be based in Manama, Bahrain, supported by the New Delhi Execution Unit.
The Process Improvement Superintendent 1 role will be responsible for:
Analysis and developed implementation of site construction procedures and planning which leads to improved processes amongst the contractor workforce, including organisation and execution of construction contractor practices and related activities on the project.
Management and control of the processes and productivity on project relating to assigned temporary scope / services. This will entail the contract execution as well as implementation to suit the effective needs of the project.
The role is an element of Special Projects - a primary execution support to the Site Manager for project field activities.
This position has varying direct interactions in relation to Supervision, Field Engineering, Procurement, Project Controls, ES&H; and Client Representatives.
The role is based in Bahrain as part of the existing Construction team assisting with the execution of the works in a manner associated with established operations on site.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Undertake analysis and provide an ongoing developed implementation of site construction procedures and planning which leads to improved productivity amongst the contractor workforce.
2. Review the execution organisation plans of construction contractor practices and related activities on the project.
3. Manage and control processes on project relating to assigned temporary scope / services.
4. Work closely with the Planning and Performance team to ensure lean execution suits the effective needs of the project.
5. For assigned duties, implement Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site
6. For assigned duties, control jobsite expenditures for labour equipment, material and services and ensure field operations are within the budget
7. Attend and interact at meetings as required including but not limited to: Client Interface, 3 Week lookahead,90/120 Day Reviews (Infrastructure and SMP reviews), Coordination site meetings in facility’s, Contract Meeting and Readiness meetings.
8. Understand and monitor the turnover performance to forecast completion for reviewing lean effectiveness; and identify early any over-run of delivery timing.
9. Provides support to Client commissioning and Pre-Operations teams, as directed by the Construction Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful applicant shall possess the following skills:
The successful applicants will have a minimum of 10 years experience in construction and proven logistics experience in execution of work activities. Experience in a Middle East location is preferable.
Applicants must have proven experience working at a minimum of Lean Operations, Senior Construction Superintendent, Area Manager level on a multi-billion dollar project
Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of construction technologies and jobsite execution management
Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes
Thorough knowledge of the project Quality Policies
Thorough knowledge of the project Labour Management Plan
Proven leadership and team building skills
ESSENTIAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
Ethics: Commitment to the Project’s ethical standards as demonstrated by success on prior projects.
Quality: Commitment to the Project’s quality standard as demonstrated by prior Supervisors’ evaluations of work performance.
ES&H: Demonstrated commitment to the Project’s Zero Incident philosophy by prior active engagement and demonstration of ES&H Leadership.
Bechtel is an equal opportunity Employer and the World #1 choice in engineering, project management & construction. Join this landmark project in the very initial stages and enjoy a challenging career with an industry leader.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.