Bechtel Corporation Lead Planner in London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 207140
The Lead Planner is responsible for the set-up of the project scheduling tools, procedures, and work processes. The Lead Planner will supervise schedule development (including schedule basis memorandum), maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities for the project. The Lead Planner leads the Planning team in the development of schedules, interfacing across disciplines (engineering, procurement and construction), and presents the schedule to the project, Bechtel and client Project Management Teams to ensure common understanding of the schedule and the schedule basis. The Lead Planner will be responsible for project progress reporting and ensuring quality and consistency across reports and also for identifying, analyzing, and providing workable solutions to planning and scheduling problems.
Initial assignment is for a major FEED project based in London responsible for planning deliverables from multiple execution centres
1. Define project needs for project planning in accordance with established Bechtel and client contractual requirements, objectives, and procedures. Provides input to the Project Controls Plan for the project.
2. Provide supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan.
3. Plan and supervise the effort to establish milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviews project work activities to ensure the support of project milestones.
4. Provide comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepare detailed staffing plans for planning and scheduling activities, including any off-project specialist support as required.
5. Plan, coordinate, and establish the level of detail appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty.
6. Supervise the collection, verification, and integration of work scope, including all project locations and subcontracts) into the total project plan. Review the representation of project scope in schedules. Prepare and analyze comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between reference projects.
7. Supervise/direct, review, and evaluate schedule durations for all disciplines’ activities relative to the support of project milestones.
8. Identify requirements for “micro schedules” in order to manage critical elements of the work i.e. document release curves, bulk quantity release and installation curves etc.
9. Lead the development of reports required by Bechtel management and project procedures. Verifies consistency within different levels of the schedule and with other reports to ensure compatibility.
10. Review vendor / subcontractor schedules as part of the bid evaluation process. Validate updates of subcontractor / vendor schedules and verify these are correctly reflected in the project schedule.
11. Perform productivity analysis of home office (based on engineering progress and performance reports - EPPR) and construction operations. Establish productivity basis to be utilized in estimates/forecasts in concurrence with other disciplines.
12. Plan, organize, and supervise schedule resource loading and leveling. Integrates appropriate staffing requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and staffing levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
13. Supervise project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommend alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
14. Prepare and present the Schedule Impact Report. Lead the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
15. Monitor and report critical-path and schedule performance of the total project. Lead identification of schedule risks, supervise development of the risk model and support schedule risk analysis (SRA).
16. Interface with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific planning and scheduling tasks
17. Support project / functional training, development, performance reviews, and work process standardization.
18. Support the project trend program / change management program with assessment of schedule impacts of trends/changes.
19. Support Project Controls Quality Assessments and functional audits.
20. Support collation of data for historical reporting / close-out reporting.EXPERIENCE
Has extensive planning/project controls experience in Oil, Gas and Chemicals or a related industry.
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes for FEED and EPC projects.
Has a successful track record of working in teams and inter-discipline coordination
Skilled in oral and written communication (English Language).
Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (Microsoft Office Applications, for example).
Advanced user of Primavera 6
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.