Bechtel Corporation Business Development Manager, Nuclear Water in London, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 207756
Main Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
Responsible for leading efforts within the nuclear water market sector, pursuing assigned marketing and business development activities including prospect and customer analysis, competitor assessment, win plan execution, teaming arrangements, alternative bidding strategies, and leading the development of proposals.
1. Liaises with other senior staff to determine the scope of services to be offered and under which preferred contracting method. Contributes to the development of proposal win strategies.
1. Develops and maintains customer and industry contacts, and tracks competitor activities and business trends.
1. Develops relationships with prospective teaming partners and small business/small disadvantaged business subcontractors.
1. For a specific prospect, performs necessary research on customer and competition, develops alternate bid strategies, recommends teaming arrangements, develops and implements win plan recommendations, and prepares and manages proposal budgets.
1. Performs various calculations of a moderately complex nature to help analyze the financial background of targeted prospects.
1. Development of both the commercial and technical strategies for prospects within the nuclear water sector.
1. Leads in the development of proposals and management approvals for corporate commitments.
1. Discusses employer’s or client’s requirements, develops proposals and key content based on customer feedback, and shapes future opportunities towards our key service offerings
1. Reviews potential prospect scope documents to determine if there is alignment with the business lines core strategy
1. Leads in preparation of proposals for key prospects within sector
1. Undertakes market research
1. Handles all customer accounts within their sector
1. Recruits and trains junior staff, supporting junior engineers towards becoming Chartered
1. Produces reports and recommendations concerning marketing and proposal strategies for senior management
1. Keeps up to date with emerging technologies within the sector and the performance and offering of competitors
Skills, qualifications and experience need:
Job Skills & Experience:
Knowledge of company capabilities and services available to customers.
Working knowledge of company policies related to the formulation and approval process for contracts and proposals.
General knowledge of the principles and techniques of developing business and sales including pre-positioning, targeting, and prospect pursuit.
Technical understanding of the water industry, with a specific knowledge of the nuclear sector
Business acumen to develop key financial metrics, strategy, and assessments of the financials of potential partners
Masters degree in a relevant engineering discipline
Bachelors in an engineering discipline or business/finance administration
Experience in engineering & construction operations, and business development
Preferably a Chartered Engineer with the UK Engineering Council (CEng)
Salary Details: Competitive basic salary plus benefits package.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.