Bechtel Corporation Contracts Formation Specialist(International Contract) in Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Requisition ID: 207441
Performs all tasks involved in the formation and award of contracts. Communicates with bidders and personnel within Project Team to establish clear definition of requirements and to assure performance to the stated project requirements. Assists and conducts meetings as needed to perform the work.
1. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives supervision and guidance from Contracts Formation Supervisor.
1. Supervision Exercised
- May provide direction to assigned personnel.
Maintains working relationships with contracts personnel and project discipline personnel in order to perform assigned duties.
Maintains working relationships with bidders involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Develops and issues contracts and services agreements as assigned by performing the following:
Prepares bidders’ lists
Forms bid request packages
Issues bid request packages to approved bidders
Coordinates bidders’ questions and answers to those questions
Evaluates bids commercially
Prepares Commercial Bid Summary and recommendation letter
Recommends and secures approvals in accordance with established procedures
Prepares contract documents for execution
Prepares and maintains control and status reporting documents
1. Prepares and organizes assigned Contracts sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and pre-award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between Bechtel, the client and contractor on all contractual matters. After reviewing plan and agenda with supervisor, conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
2. Assists project Contracts team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
Knowledge and experience in the formation of contracts and contract agreements, including types, terms and legal requirements.
Skill in working and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with other project functional groups.
Knowledge of law, negotiations, accounting or cost engineering gained through education or experience.
Knowledge and understanding of the project functional groups and company policies, procedures and work practices.
QUALIFICATION: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum 5 years’ experience in the bid, evaluate and award process of contracts.
Minimum 4-year university degree in business, engineering or related field.
Familiarity with lump sum, unit price and cost plus type contracts.
Familiarity with construction, design, services and O&M forms of contracts.
Competency in MS Office suite. Essential Behavioral:
Developed business writing skills, with strong command of the English language.
Effective oral communication skills.
Organized in documenting and record keeping.
Adaptability to differing cultures and environments.
Current/prior Bechtel experience.
Prior Middle East and/or international experience.
Previous experience on integrated project(s) with a client.
Contract administration and/or claims experience.
Advanced degree in business or law. Preferred Behavioral:
Developed presentation skills.
Training and/or mentoring skills.
Flexibility in adjusting to workload and priorities.
Comfortable interacting in a multi-national team environment
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).