Bechtel Corporation Engineer, Civil in Irvine, California
Requisition ID: 206122
As part of the local Site Acquisition Team, the Market Engineer applies standard engineering methods, techniques, and procedures to the scoping and design of telecommunications sites. Using independent judgment and with minimal oversight, the Market Engineer (Civil) interfaces with customer engineers, A&E Vendors and Self Perform Engineers in a variety of diciplines. It is the Market Engineer’s responsibility to provide the customer with a design that meets:
All RF Objectives as outlined in the RFDS
All state and Local codes
Industry Codes (EIA/TIA 222, etc)
OEM requirements and specifications
All Lease / Landlord requirements
1. Performs work relating to civil engineering which involves the preparation, interpretation or review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems or equipment.
2. Participates in the following:
1. Structural Mount Analysis and Data Collection
2. Pole / Tower Structural Analysis
3. Grading, drainage and Stormewter Management Plan Review
4. Redline Document Review
5. Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers
6. Utility Pole Data Collection (in support of Small cell Projects)
7. Preparation / review of specifications and design calculations
1. Prepares letters for vendor correspondence.
2. Updates Market Wiz Milestomes as needed
3. Subcontract A&E Services using WebSR
4. Perfoms site visits as needed to gather information, take measurements and photographs
5. Reviews design documents of equipment manufacturers or subcontractors and prepares comments and recommendations.
6. Assists in preparation of forecasts, quantity take-offs and change orders.
Basic Qualifications: :
Technical knowledge of civil / structural engineering, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
Good knowledge of major regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to civil / structural engineering within the teleciommuncations industry.
Ability to obtain a Professional Engineer Liscence (Civil Discipline) in 3-4 years
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university OR equivalent industry experience (4-7 years in the design and/or construction of wireless telecommunications sites in lieu of degree)
Minimum (3) years engineering experience.
Must have the right to work and remain in the US without sponsorship
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.