Bechtel Corporation System Administrator in Iquique, Chile
Requisition ID: 209560
Assists the Labor Relations Representative or Manager in the performance of the Labor Relations function on a field project, including construction, maintenance and operations project, or participates in support tasks in an office location. Performs research and assists with the preparation of Labor Relations studies and reports, including labor surveys, craft recruiting, wage bulletins, jobsite labor relations action plans, work rules, employment laws, craft training and labor relations orientation.
For salary grade determination, see Addendum.
A. Supervision Received
If assigned to a field project, receives functional and operational supervision from the Labor Relations Representative.
If located in an office, receives functional and operational supervision from the Labor Relations Manager, Assistant Manager or Labor Relations Supervisor.
B. Supervision Exercised
Maintains frequent contact with Labor Relations representatives in area offices and on field projects to obtain and exchange information on labor and industry trends and practices as required for the preparation of reports and statistics.
Maintains contact as needed with representatives of construction contractor associations, industry data services and government agencies to obtain or verify information on union labor statistics, wage, productivity, and construction workforce data.
Maintains continuous contact with construction-labor union representatives to ensure work practices are in compliance with labor union contracts, work rules and applicable labor and equal employment/affirmative action laws.
Works with Bechtel’s procurement and subcontract personnel on requests for material and equipment purchases and on the selection of potential subcontractors.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepares staffing forecasts and assists with recruiting of the required manual workforce. Assists with the preparation and submission of required documentation for government labor and immigration offices. May coordinate national recruiting efforts for individual jobsites.
2. Documents jurisdictional work assignments. Maintains associated reference lists and files.
3. Attends meetings with Bechtel’s clients, business development, construction and global business units to participate in discussions of immediate or anticipated labor problems and the resolution of these issues.
4. Assists with the development and presentation of Labor Relations training programs for manual employees and their supervisors. These programs cover issues such as work rule enforcement, grievance procedures, jurisdictional work assignments and contract equal employment/affirmative action policies and practices for manual employees.
5. Performs research and develops statistical information and studies on issues such as productivity, labor union or construction industry trends and practices.
6. Extracts information from labor union contracts and prepares wage bulletins or wage trend studies.
1. Assists with the implementation of jobsite affirmative action goals and contractor outreach programs.
2. Follows labor contract negotiation proceedings and disseminates information on progress. Maintains records on contract expiration data.
3. Develops knowledge of practical application of labor laws, equal employment/affirmative action legislation and related government policies.
4. Monitors work practices daily on a field project and advises superior of observed and/or anticipated labor problems. Recommends actions to resolve these issues to avoid work stoppages and construction schedule delays.
5. Prepares material for and assists with the presentation at pre-job conference meetings with local and international union officials. These meetings cover the scope and description of the project, work rules, and common jurisdictional work assignments. Maintains and records minutes for the meetings.
6. Attends meetings with local labor union officials, covering issues such as jurisdictional disputes and grievances, to gain knowledge in the resolution of labor disputes through formal or informal contractual procedures.
7. Along with the jobsite Safety representative, implements environmental, safety and health programs as they pertain to field craft personnel.
Basic knowledge of Labor Relations functions on field projects or in an office environment.
Basic knowledge of labor and employment laws and related legislation.
Basic knowledge of contract negotiation practices and formal and informal grievance hearings.
Basic knowledge of jurisdictional work assignment practices.
Basic knowledge of organizational structure and work practices of labor unions.
Basic knowledge of Labor Relations organization policies and practices.
Understands working with Local Unions and Building Trades Councils.
Skills in written and verbal communication.
Experience in researching and developing reports and collecting statistical data.
Demonstrated skill in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
The WS3 Administrator is responsible for executing, maintaining, operating and ensuring the correct functioning of the WS3 system (Workforce Service Support System) in the assigned project.
Plans, Organizes, Coordinates and Controls all activities related to the system and its work team.
Maintenance of WS3 System.
Administration of the System's database.
Administration of user accounts and permissions.
Monitoring of system performance.
Installation and Configuration of the Servers required for the project.
Updates of Improvements and New Versions.
Manages system requirements.
Organize team work.
Manages the training delivered to users in the use of the system.
Participate in coordination meetings and configuration of procedures linked to the system.
Fully know the WS3.
Knowledge in administration of Database (SQL Server).
Knowledge in Systems Administration.
Desirable degree programmer / Systems Analyst.
Minimum 5 years of experience in databases and systems administration.
English medium level.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port or Concentrator, Chile . With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.