Bechtel Corporation Senior Compressor Engineer - APCI in Houston, Texas
Requisition ID: 208234
1. Plans, develops, coordinates, and reviews Engineering work within a discipline on projects of medium size and complexity or assignments in support of a global business unit.
2. Coordinates and interfaces as directed with the day-to-day technical work of discipline Engineers, scientists, specialists, designers, and drafters.
3. Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
4. Facilitates technical discussions with third parties (client, suppliers, regulators).
5. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
6. Develops Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Bechtel design guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
7. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain approval on phases of work.
8. Reviews and approves key Engineering drawings and calculations and bid summaries.
9. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
10. Mentors engineers, scientists, designers and drafters by providing appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
11. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
12. Leads a team of Engineers.
Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience leading a team of engineers
Minimum of 15 years of related Engineering experience.
In depth knowledge of rotating equipment and electric motors
Compressor experience is required and gas turbine experience would be beneficial
Strong background with API 617 Centrifugal Compressors and gas seal systems.
Experience with positive displacement compressors and their piping systems would be beneficial.
Should be able to mentor young mechanical engineers handling packages and pumps.
Interest in API standard development is a plus
Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers for preparation of analyses and development of project deliverables within the discipline.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
Minimum 4 years of demonstrated work experience with APCI (Air Products and Chemicals, Inc) LNG technology in plant design or operations.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.