Bechtel Corporation Refinery Specialist in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 206639
To work as an Oil Refinery Subject Matter expert for a Global Business Unit (GBU) delivering FEED and EPC projects worldwide. Support multiple projects as a technical expert entailing conceptual design, FEED and EPC work requiring core expertise in Refinery Configuration, Process Design, Licensed Technology selection, Basic Engineering, Detailed Execution and Start-up support. Support proposal work and Client interaction for business development.
Represent GBU in technical seminars, write and present technical papers.
Be familiar with technology trends, developments, market demands and drive / support GBU business plans, decisions and positioning for the Refining sector.
Specific duties include:
1. Provides insight into Refining industry and guidance on engineering market trends. Helps shape Refining business value proposition.
2. Participates in proposal efforts and assisting Business Development in preparation of ITB deliverables.
3. Manages and leads complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, licensors, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
Identifies issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
1. Understands multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
2. Keeps abreast of technological development in the specialty, presents papers and keeping engineering management informed of important new advances.
3. Assists in on-the-job-training of assigned personnel.
4. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
5. Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design.
6. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
18+ years of Process Engineering experience in Refining EPC and/or operating industry, with the last 8 years in a leadership role on refinery configuration, LP modelling, licensor selection, grass-roots design/revamp of refinery units entailing core expertise in the hydrocarbon industry.
Design participation or review experience with a technology company is preferred.
Should possess current industry knowledge on energy efficiencies, sustainability and innovation.
Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation.
Recognized and respected for technical expertise in refining industry with a body of published work.
Excellence in oral and written communication skills and an ability to present with impact.
PE registration preferred.
Engineering degree from an accredited university in Chemical Engineering
18+ years of relevant industry experience in the Hydrocarbon sector with at least 14 years in Refinery project conceptual design through execution.
Advanced degree (MTech or PhD) in the areas of Chemical Engineering
Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Energetic and positive attitude working with multiple clients on a wide-variety of projects.
Team building, conflict management and resolution, and negotiating skills
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.