Bechtel Corporation Electrical - Engineering Group Supervisor (Gurgaon) in Haryana-New Delhi, India
Requisition ID: 209639
A recognized degree in electrical engineering discipline, from an accredited college or university
Broad progressive relevant work experience of over 15 years in basic & detailed engineering preferably in an EPC industry for large industrial plants, power projects, utilities, process plants
Responsible for assigned activities in electrical engineering discipline. Applies broad and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to project engineering. Makes decisions independently concerning problems within the discipline on the project. Represents the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work.
A. Supervision Received
Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from Chief Engineer.
B. Supervision Exercised
Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineers, specialists, designers and drafters as assigned.
Maintains contacts with client representatives as directed, with suppliers, appropriate field personnel and other disciplines to ensure the coordination of the work within the project or assignment and compliance with Bechtel/client requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on a project or assignment in a global business unit.
2. Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
4. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
5. Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
6. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
7. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
8. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
9. Ensures that engineers supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
10. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Knowledge of electrical system studies and conversant with short circuit, load flow, motor staring & voltage drop calculations, main single line diagram, protection & metering diagrams, relay setting & protection coordination of the system.
Should possess good knowledge of international codes & standards.
Should have worked on equipment sizing, specifications, MR preparation, technical bid evaluation and vendor print reviews of various electrical equipment like MV & LV switchgear, MCCs, power & distribution transformers, DC systems / UPS, Cables, generator circuit breaker, iso phase bus duct, lighting fixtures.
Should be conversant with electrical layouts like raceways, lighting, grounding & lightning protection systems.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
Knowledge of inter discipline coordination.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Demonstrated skill in leadership.
Knowledge of application and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).