Bechtel Corporation Medical Practitioner in Gregory, Texas
Requisition ID: 211940
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: National - Single
Project No.: 25889
Assesses, plans and provides health care services to patients as a nurse practitioner or physician assistant in accordance with approved medical directives and local, state, and country governing agencies. Provides education and training of medical personnel and administers medical and first aid treatment programs.
Oversees the day-to-day clinical operations of the clinic and the medical team. Develops and implements continuous quality improvement initiatives conducts in house audits in conjunction with the medical services coordinator or designee. Assist with occupational health medical surveillance and injury management in line with workers compensation guidelines. Supports the return to work process post injury and illness. Leads and participates in continuous education and professional development through case presentations, mentoring, role modeling and facilitating the exchange of knowledge in the clinical setting, fosters effective health care partnerships.
The NP develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures related to nursing and interdisciplinary practice, and identifies and responds appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient care.
A. Supervision Received
Receives daily direction from the most senior medical or ES&H representative on the project.
Receives functional direction from the Corporate Manager of Medical Services.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical direction and supervision to other medical staff as assigned.
Maintains daily working relationships with local medical services, consulting physicians, and emergency transportation services to keep them informed of the project/facility medical program.
Maintains contact with risk management and insurance claims personnel to monitor the status of claims.
Maintains contact with ES&H Manager and Manager of Medical Services with daily first aid activity.
Maintains contact with regulatory compliance officers when auditing medical recordkeeping requirements.
Maintains contact with injured employees who require medical attention.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides occupational, primary and emergency health care services to patients. Evaluates and treats employees with injuries and/or illnesses and refers them to a physician or hospital as necessary. Provides subsequent follow-up treatment as needed.
2. Diagnoses and manages acute and chronic diseases and/or conditions. Administers or orders diagnostic tests such as x-ray and laboratory tests and interprets test results in accordance with license regulations.
3. Responds to emergency situations and directs operations accordingly. Administers advanced life support and stabilization in accordance with standing orders and protocols. Writes appropriate medication prescriptions in accordance with license regulations.
4. Assists in planning emergency evacuation procedures. Supervises the evacuation of patients as needed to ensure continuous treatment en route to other medical facilities.
5. Obtains medical histories from patients and performs physicals where applicable.
6. Supervises other medical personnel in performing routine and emergency medical services; supervises, directs and trains first aid/rescue teams.
7. Administers ongoing programs of preventative medicine and advises employees on methods of disease prevention. Educates and counsels individuals to promote positive health behaviors and self-care. Assists in administering drug and alcohol programs.
8. Reviews the ongoing adequacy of medical care; recommends the need for supplementary medical support staff and the purchase of medical equipment and supplies/medications as outlined in medical directives.
9. Assists in the education and training of medical support personnel, including selection, training, development, and performance monitoring.
10. Maintains and prepares medical reports in accordance with applicable workers compensation claim requirements. Participates in workers compensation/insurance claims reviews as required.
11. Maintains medical and first aid reports as defined in the Bechtel core processes.
12. Conducts internal assessments Oversee the implementation of the Standard Operating Procedures and Policies, medical plans and protocols, facility requirements, emergency procedures, audits & inspections, quality assurance, and other medical practice management tasks; The protocols must meet the standard of the Bechtel Core Process and approved by the Bechtel Corporate Manager of Medical Services
13. Aid in the management of occupational case rehabilitation, therapy and return to work in co-ordination with the designated Medical Services Coordinator;
14. Prescribes medications within the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions for Nurse Practitioners and within applicable employer policies and procedures. Applies knowledge of pharmacology and evidence-based practice in selecting, prescribing, administering and monitoring the effects of drugs to treat medical conditions or injuries.
15. Leads and participates in continuous education and professional development through case presentations, mentoring, role modeling and facilitating the exchange of knowledge in the, the clinical setting.
Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the state and/or country where assigned. Possesses current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certifications.
JOB KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
Extensive experience in the Occupational Health setting, Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit
Knowledge of medical recordkeeping requirements in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice, applicable government regulations, and Bechtel core processes.
Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration.
Knowledge of basic ES&H programs and measures for the prevention of illnesses and injuries.
Proficient in primary care principles and practices, Occupational Medicine and handling emergency situations.
Experience in organizing, training, and directing a mixed medical team consisting of OHN’s and paramedics
Basic skill and ability to input and manage necessary data supported by automated medical management information systems.
Advanced skills skill in verbal and written communication and computer use.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.