Bechtel Corporation Planner/Scheduler Construction - Wylfa in Gloucester, United Kingdom
Job Title: Planner/Scheduler Construction
Requisition ID: 209844
Relocation Authorised: National Single
Project: Wylfa Newydd Nuclear Power Station
Location: Gloucester, UK
Other Requirements: Ability to obtain required BPSS security clearance
Supervises schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities for Wylfa Newydd. Supports organizational and administrative activities. Supervises the development and integration of individual schedules into the total Wylfa Newydd plan. Establishes milestones for the total project and supervises schedule resource loading and levelling. Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures.
Initial assignment location is Gloucester UK. Site mobilisation is forecast in 2020/2021 for construction execution in Anglesey Island, Wales.
1. Provides comments and recommendations for planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Reviews scope and quantities for completeness and reasonableness, and coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating and schedule bases.
2. Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
3. Performs and/or coordinates, collects, verifies, and integrates the work scope for construction into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of construction scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies as applicable. Prepares and analyses comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data. Performs and verifies productivity analysis of construction operations. Aides in the establishment of productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labour estimates for reasonableness.
4. Establishes milestones for the construction efforts of the Wylfa Newydd defined scope per the project agreed schedule or reviews project work activities to ensure support of Wylfa Newydd contractual milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
5. Provides supervision and assistance to planners in the development and integration of individual schedules into the total Wylfa Newydd plan. Reviews the performing organization’s work logics, and determines whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
6. Reviews and evaluates schedule durations for all activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervises/directs the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
7. Prepares and analyses comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects. Develops bid evaluation cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
8. Plans, organizes, and supervises schedule resource loading and levelling. Coordinates development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
9. Obtains required schedule information by all disciplines and subcontractors. Develop and maintain critical item actions report that identifies schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Works with all departments to ensure an understanding of the total project schedule needs. Responsible for total integration of schedule activities. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from inter-discipline or group restraints and interfaces.
10. Analyses and integrates subcontractor schedules into the Wylfa Newydd integrated schedule. Coordinates and assures contractor develops schedule analysis and recovery plans as appropriate.
11. Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
12. Performs schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision and provide input to trend engineer as required.
13. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
14. Responsible for leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
15. Reviews or assists in reviewing proposal provisions related to schedule/cost engineering and material control, and develops supporting data for contract negotiations.
16. Interfaces with designated Bechtel management and client counterparts for specific planning and schedule tasks/presentations.
17. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies results by staffing and crew analysis of work operations by craft.
18. Develops bid evaluation cost and schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
19. Creates and implements measurement systems for established processes, analyses performance metric results, and identifies improvements. Uses statistical tools to analyse metrics (e.g., regression, analysis of variance, correlation), and analyses measurement systems to identify bias, repeatability, and stability issues.
20. Provides analysis and reports for assigned areas of the project
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
Skilled in oral and written communication
Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, for example)
Ability to interpret estimating data to establish or validate resource requirements as needed.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience
B-Cert for Lead Planner
Note: Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project (enter/egress). Must be able to use appropriate standard issued Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) required for each assigned task (i.e. harness, life vest, lift buckets, etc.)
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.