Bechtel Corporation NDE Coordinator in Galeota, Trinidad and Tobago
Requisition ID: 182623
This is a nightshift position and the NDE Coordinator is responsible for reviewing, monitoring and reporting on the Contractor Welding Program. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Verifying Subcontractor has Bechtel W&NDE Services reviewed and accepted procedures, as required,
2. Verifying Subcontractor is using personnel qualified to the process being used,
3. Verifying personnel are qualified to the appropriate code (SNT- TC-1A), (API 1104), (B31.8) (Eng. Spec),
4. Observing NDE applications for RT, UT, MT, and PT against Bechtel approved NDE procedures,
5. Reviewing Radiography set ups, against project approved NDE procedures,
6. Reviewing Subcontractor accepted UT, RT, MT and PT reports for correct interpretations,
7. Reviewing Subcontractor accepted radiographic films for correct interpretations,
8. Understand, monitor and report, as required, automatic UT techniques and Digital Radiography,
9. Provide Welding and NDE assistance to Area Construction Manager, as necessary,
10. Verification of materials, workmanship and specification/code requirements,
11. Assists Project Welding Supervisor on monitoring and reporting on the site welding program, as directed,
12. Implementation of Project Quality System,
13. Implementation of Project Safety and Project Environmental programs,
14. Verify and monitor calibration of NDE equipment,
15. Work with Contractor and Subcontractor to ensure required reports are completed in a quality manner and on time,
16. Writing Nonconformance Reports on nonconforming items (work, reports, activities),
17. Assisting in the resolution of Corrective Action Reports (CARs) issued by Project Quality Assurance,
18. Perform Contractor/Sub Contractor Surveillance Reports,
19. Review film to project specifications.
Bachelor's degree preferred with 10+ years welding/NDE or 15+ years of piping welding/NDE experience.
Thorough knowledge of ASME, AWS, API, NFPA, AWWA, ASTM and ASNT codes, specifications and standards.
Must be certifiable by written examination to Bechtel's nondestructive examination requirements as NDE Level III in Radiographic, Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant and Visual Examination or ASNT Level III certification.
Strong technical background and knowledge of all phases of welding applications and methods, and non-destructive examination relating to construction activities.
Proficient in the development of technical presentations.
Must have the right to live and work in Trinidad and Tobago without sponsorship.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.