Bechtel Corporation Contract Manager in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 207259
Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
Relocation Authorized: None
Project No.: 0000
Job title: Contract Manager
Reporting to: Senior Contract Manager
1. 1 To provide contract management for Phase Two and to manage HS2 Ltd.’s principal development contract with its Professional Services Consultants (PSCs).
2. 1 Reports to the Senior Contract Manager regarding the contract management resources engaged in response to HS2 Ltd programme needs to ensure that contracts are developed, agreed and delivered to the agreed specification.
2. 2 Manage and administer the principal delivery contract with HS2 Ltd.’s Development Partner and perform the role of Employer’s Representative to ensure the contract delivers value for money to HS2 Ltd.
2. 3 Review and monitor the administration of the technical services contracts by the Development partner and others to ensure contract administration complies with statutory requirements and relevant government policies and delivers value for money.
2. 4 Review and monitor HS2 contracts, instructions and contract administration to ensure that a
commercial approach is applied to deliver value for money and that there is consistency across HS2. 2.5 Implement policies, plans, processes and procedures for contract management consistent with
legislation and government policies to ensure HS2 Limited’s compliance.
2. 6 Review contracts and processes continually to ensure that financial and contract authorities have been obtained in accordance with delegated authorities and to seek out improvements.
2. 7 Advise the business on the application of NEC3 contracts for professional services and other contracting forms to ensure HS2’s interests are protected and value for money is obtained.
2. 8 Assists with developing contract management policies and processes and ensure that a robust audit trail is put in place for all HS2 Ltd contract decisions and instructions to monitor compliance with statutory and government requirements.
2. 9 Assists in leadership team meetings for procurement to provide specialist guidance and enable the implementation of policy, projects and change initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
3. 1 experience of assisting the Employer’s Representative under the NEC3 form of contract and application
of core processes relating to risk management;
3. 2 experience of contract management of technical services contracts using the NEC3 form of contract
and other forms;
3. 3 strong analytical, commercial and negotiating skills;
3. 4 strong written and verbal communication skills;
3. 5 skilled at implementing collaborative working in a multi-contract environment;
3. 6 experience of applying incentive arrangements to enhance supplier performance; and
3. 7 relevant professional qualification.
4. 1 Decisions on when to escalate issues; and
4. 2 Contract management processes and procedures.
2. FACTS AND FIGURES
5. 1 Development Partner for project management: contract value circa £100m to £130m
HEALTH AND SAFETY
7. 1 Take reasonable care to ensure your own and others’ health and safety including those who may be affected by the delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 S.A.F.E programme principles.
7. 2 Cooperate with HS2 in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working
procedures at all times and not interfering with measures in place to protect your health, safety or welfare.
7. 3 Advocate and promote the company’s well-being strategy and policies.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.