Bechtel Corporation Construction Commissioning Manager Job in West Sussex, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 196622
Assigned to a field construction organization in a managerial capacity. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction and related activities of a single construction project. Primary client contact for all project field activities. Responsible for all jobsite activities and ensures construction operations are in compliance with design and specifications, and that construction operations are completed on schedule, within budget and to quality standards.
The project involves the extension of existing airport pier facilities, passenger gate lounges/services, creation of additional aircraft stands, taxiway/pavement interfaces and supporting utility provisions, and candidate should have experience of similar scope.
A Supervision Received
- Receives operational and functional direction from assigned construction manager or designated manager of construction. Receives daily supervision from Project Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to a jobsite construction staff, comprised of superintendents, construction engineers, coordinators, administrators and others, as assigned.
- Maintains continuous contact with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, labor unions (if applicable), local/national governmental bureaus, local public regulatory agencies and civic groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Coordinates all jobsite activities including actions of Bechtel, subcontractors, suppliers, clients and their representatives.
2. Responsible for total site management including supervision of construction craft personnel, field engineering, contract administration, cost and schedule, field procurement, finance and accounting services, and craft resource personnel as applicable. Responsible for ensuring development and execution of Project Automation Plan, Environmental Compliance Plan, safety plan, site survey plan, non-manual staffing plan, subcontracting plan, labor strategy, Construction Execution Plan, and job-site work rules.
3. Implements Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy, security, housekeeping, and fire protection on the construction site.
4. Ensures the field organization is composed of qualified and knowledgeable personnel, and ensures effective personnel utilization. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on field staff in accordance with established schedule.
5. Establishes and implements construction schedules, methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
6. Controls jobsite expenditures and ensures field operations are completed within the budget.
7. Plans and establishes procedures to ensure construction operations meet engineering designs and specifications.
8. Works with GAL engineering and operating personnel to coordinate construction activities.
9. Ensures Gatwick Airport Ltd (GAL) corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented. Establishes project field procedures and objectives within corporate policies and procedures as necessitated by conditions at a jobsite, supplementing the existing GAL policies and procedures as required by the work scope.
10. Responsible for all jobsite labor relations.
11. Maintains client relationship and is the primary contact for client’s communication with the field activities.
12. Maintains an effective relation with other functional departments.
13. Develops, implements and administers a jobsite security plan and coordinates the activities with GAL security, and corporate security department.
14. Coordinates all jobsite contractual activities. Participates in contracts and subcontracts negotiations. May assume the role of package lead for one or more of early enabling works.
15. Directs the development and implementation of a training program to ensure subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities. Responsible for overall development of manual training and any testing as required.
16. Support the Project Engineering Manager with review of design packages and input into early Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) initiatives with Design Consultant, Specialists and Contractors and provide input throughout the Design Stages.
17. Directs the overall project safety programs and ensures strict adherence to local and national regulatory safety codes. Bechtel will assume role of Principal Contractor for elements of the works and prior experience executing this role is required.
18. Responsible for implementation of an effective community relations plan for the site.
19. Responsible for project startup, handover and operational readiness activities as required.
20. Ensures required permits and licenses are in place prior to the start of the affected work at site.
21. Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision making in the execution of duties.
Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of engineering disciplines, construction technologies and jobsite management.
Thorough knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
Thorough knowledge of the project Quality Policies.
Thorough knowledge of the Six Sigma Program tools and methodologies.
Industry accreditation preferred, such as ICE, CIOB, APM, etc.
Experience working with, supervising and administering contractors.
Experienced in administrating the NEC 3 form of contract in the role of Project Manager (NEC role).
Knowledge and experience in contract formation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation, including change control, documentation management, cost/time trend program.
Knowledge and experience of implementing CDM 2015 regulations from a Principal Contractor perspective.
Knowledge is normally acquired through:
A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, and/or
Specialized courses in construction management, and/or
Prior extensive work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.