Bechtel Corporation Sr Inventory Specialist (193167) Job in Waynesboro, Georgia
Requisition ID: 193167
Position Title: Sr Inventory Specialist (193167)
Project: Vogtle Plant Units 3 and 4 Construction Services
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Relocation Authorized: National - Family
Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Other Requirements: Must be able to obtain proper clearance and access to the site.
In August of 2017, Georgia Power selected Bechtel to complete construction of the two-reactor expansion of a nuclear power plant near Augusta, Georgia. Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 will be the first new units built in the U.S. in the last three decades and are currently the only new units being constructed in the country.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
Responsible for material management activities at project temporary operating and jobsite locations on a small or mid-sized (or portion of a mid-sized) project. Develops and directs implementation of overall project material management plan to include project material procedures, facility needs, personnel requirements, inventory stock levels, detailed material management systems (manual or automated) and overall project material security plan.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives direction from Project Field Procurement management.
B. Supervision Exercised
- May provide operational direction to personnel assigned to materials management activities at the project’s temporary operating and jobsite locations.
Maintains direct working relationship with Field Engineering and Construction concerning the receipt and availability of materials for issue to the field.
Maintains direct working relationship with Purchasing and Expediting concerning material delivery schedules.
Maintains direct working relationship with Accounts Payable regarding verification of materials received.
Maintains direct working relationship with Project Quality Control/Field Engineering regarding documentation for and inspection of applicable materials received.
Maintains direct working relationship with assigned crafts and clerical personnel in the process of receipt, storage, and issue of project materials.
Maintains direct working relationship with local carriers and vendors concerning the receipt and delivery of project materials.
Maintains direct working relationship with client and Procurement Management at project temporary operating and jobsite locations concerning material management functions.
Maintains direct working relationship with government agencies and related professional organizations regarding material management activities at project temporary operating and jobsite locations.
1. Responsible for material management operations for project temporary operating and jobsite locations to ensure conformance to corporate, global business unit and project policies and procedures including:
The receipt, inspection, storage, inventory control (manual and/or automated), physical security and issue of materials and equipment.
Identifying the need and completing the action for all unsatisfactory, over, short and damaged material and equipment received at project temporary operating and jobsite locations.
Initiating actions to identify and dispose of material and equipment declared excess to project needs by project management.
2. Prepares or assists in the preparation of initial organizational charts for material management activities at temporary operating and jobsite locations. Submits proposed changes for approval of the Project Field Procurement Manager.
3. Assists Project Field Procurement Manager (PFPM) in preparing Field Procurement workhour estimates. Monitors employee utilization throughout the duration of the project, recommending applicable changes to the PFPM.
4. Assists the PFPM in staffing project temporary operating and jobsite locations. Recommends long-range personnel requirements and assists PFPM in coordinating the timely staffing of required positions.
5. Prepares recommendations for facilities and equipment necessary to provide for professional material management operations at project temporary and jobsite locations, as specifically directed by the PFPM. This activity begins as early as practical in the planning stages and continues throughout the project.
6. Directs the preparation of procedures and instructions establishing material management responsibilities and methods of operations pertaining to material management activities at project temporary operating and jobsite locations. This responsibility specifically includes but is not limited to project procedures and individual job instructions.
7. Continually reviews performance at the temporary operating and jobsite locations in order to validate personnel staffing requirements and determine that performance conforms to standards as reflected in project Procurement procedures and jobsite instructions.
8. Establishes site-specific metrics to measure performance of field material management, including manhours per deliverable, cycle time reduction for receiving, issuing, and recording of data.
9. Assists PFPM in establishing and monitoring a continuing program to dispose of surplus materials and equipment as it is identified as excess to project needs by project management.
10. Implements on-going training programs for assigned personnel.
Knowledge of the essential elements of a field materials management organization.
Knowledge of skills necessary to fill clerical, warehouse craft, and warehouse supervision positions.
Knowledge and understanding of how automated materials management systems keep control of project materials.
Good organizational and planning skills.
Knowledge of materials management principals relating to construction projects, such as planning, work packaging, just-in-time deliveries, issue on receipt, jurisdiction for delivered goods.
Knowledge of corporate procurement and materials management procedures.
Supervisory and leadership training.
Related Bachelors degree and at least 6 years of related professional progressive experience.
In lieu of formal degree, at least 12 years' related professional progressive experience.
Must possess legal right to work in US without sponsorship.
Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.