Bechtel Corporation Case Manager (193044) Job in Waynesboro, Georgia
Requisition ID: 193044
Position Title: Case Manager (193044)
Project: Vogtle Plant Units 3 and 4 Construction Services
Location: Waynesboro, GA
Relocation Authorized: National - Family
Work Authorization: Possess right to work in the US without sponsorship
Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Other Requirements: Must be able to obtain proper clearance and access to the site.
In August of 2017, Georgia Power selected Bechtel to complete construction of the two-reactor expansion of a nuclear power plant near Augusta, Georgia. Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 will be the first new units built in the U.S. in the last three decades and are currently the only new units being constructed in the country.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
Responsible for development and implementation of the health data/records for the Occupational Health Records program including input and analysis of data. Tracks employee occupational health records, including personnel exposures to chemical and physical hazards. Evaluates and interprets regulatory occupational health records retention requirements. Performs case management for illnesses and injuries. Develops procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and implementation of procedures. Maintains the occupational health and safety recordkeeping system. Provides technical advice and guidance regarding occupational health and safety records requirements.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives operational direction and functional supervision from the Project ES&H Manager, Senior Project ES&H Manager, ES&H Manager, or Manager of Health Services.
B. Supervision Exercised
Provides direction and functional support to personnel handling occupational health records.
Manages third party Subcontract/Vendor medical services field location
Maintains relationships with Bechtel groups (e.g., Information Technology, Human Resources, Legal, Document Control) and contractor/subcontractor representatives to coordinate the administration and implementation of occupational health and safety records activities.
Maintains contact, as appropriate, with government regulatory and resource agencies to obtain current information on new regulations, program initiatives, and technical requirements and standards.
Maintains contact with industry and professional associations addressing health and safety.
1. Evaluates and interprets occupational health and medical records regulatory requirements.
2. Provides oversight, approves invoices, develops and/or revises scope of work concerning third-party on site medical services.
3. Member of site Emergency Response team
4. Communicates on a frequent basis to customer Worker’s Compensation Supervisor.
5. Develops and manages purchases orders for off-site medical services.
6. Plans and develops procedures for compliance with regulatory requirements in the area of responsibility and monitors their implementation.
7. Maintains the occupational health and safety incident recordkeeping systems, which includes radiation exposure records, chemical and hazardous material exposure records, medical surveillance records, injury/illness records, and occupational safety and health training records.
8. Produces reports, using health recordkeeping system, regarding employee exposures to be used by industrial hygienists and health physicists in developing and implementing mitigation programs to minimize occupational exposures
9. Provides technical guidance and direction on occupational health records to ES&H professionals so that they are able to properly collect and input sampling results into the health records system
10. Ensures confidentiality of primary occupational health and medical records.
11. Monitors, reviews, and evaluates new standards and regulatory initiatives and their potential impact on Bechtel operations and employees.
12. Manages user authorization/access to the health records database and trains personnel in system requirements, methodology and usage.
13. Consults with Legal on the retrieval, retention, and interpretation of occupational health and medical records. Maintains confidential medical records in secure fireproof cabinets.
14. Interfaces with employees, medical providers, supervision, and worker’s compensation professionals to provide case management for injured employees.
Proficiency and experience in interpreting and evaluating regulatory occupational health standards.
Experience in developing compliance procedures.
Knowledge of regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
Related Bachelors degree and at least 6 years of related professional progressive experience.
In lieu of formal degree, at least 12 years' related professional progressive experience.
Must possess legal right to work in US without sponsorship.
Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walk downs which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
Knowledge in a field of occupational health, public health or related discipline.
Degree in applicable discipline preferred (e.g. health physics, public health, registered nurse, or hospital adminstration) or equivalent work experience/training leading to an understanding of the technology associated with the database.
Knowledge and understanding of data management systems and computer hardware/software.
Knowledge of and experience in records retention and turnover procedures.
Good oral and written communications skills.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.