Bechtel Corporation QA Officer Job in Sydney, Australia
Requisition ID: 196420
Independently performs complex professional assignments in a global business unit design office or field location requiring the application of specialized and/or advanced quality principles. May direct personnel on special quality studies pertaining to a client project. May participate in the formulation and development of advanced quality concepts associated with proposal development, design or construction.
A. Supervision Received
Receives operational supervision and direction from a Quality Supervisor or Quality Manager.
Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general requirements.
- Maintains contact with project and staff personnel in engineering, procurement, construction, supplier quality, administrative services, testing, operations, decommissioning, project management, and others, as required by assignments, to impart or obtain information. Also makes contact with client personnel when directed to impart and gather information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepares and completes quality audit checklists and participates in quality audits of corporate/project quality program/plans including, as needed, pre-award assessments of potential suppliers and subcontractors as a prospective lead auditor or a qualified lead auditor.
2. Assesses and monitors project engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning and other activities related to the quality program/plan.
3. Reviews and monitors nonconforming conditions and associated corrective actions to ensure quality program effectiveness.
4. Reviews and determines applicable quality requirements for inclusion in selected engineering, procurement, and construction documents.
5. Reviews and reports on project associated quality-related procedures and manuals for conformance to project quality program/plan requirements.
6. Drafts quality procedures for review, approval, and issuance in accordance with approved processes.
7. Drafts revisions/amendments to the corporate and/or project quality program/plans.
8. Reviews and reports on new or revised regulatory requirements and their impact on the established quality program.
9. Reviews and determines the sufficiency of corporate/project quality control inspection plans.
10. Analyzes and recommends solutions to mitigate performance risk.
11. Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to ensure adequacy of completed corrective actions.
12. Maintains contact with designated client quality personnel to provide status, manage relationships, and execute applicable actions.
13. Provides direction and assigns work to quality specialists and others who assist on specific assignments. Reviews and checks work.
14. Works with and/or leads root cause analysis in conjunction with other project or staff personnel to develop corrective action plans which assist in the resolution of complex issues.
15. Provides input into the development of standardized metrics and responds to engineering, construction, procurement, and others who request guidance on implementation of quality requirements.
Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, or operations or decommissioning practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge of the quality principles and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations or decommissioning.
Knowledge of corrective action system application to eliminate nonconforming conditions.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions that impact the quality program.
Proficiency in oral and written communication.
Proficiency in the use of applicable computer applications.
Knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices.
This knowledge is normally acquired through one or a combination of the following:
A recognized degree and/or a specialized courses in engineering, quality or a specialized discipline
Practical work experience in engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, or business administration
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.