Bechtel Corporation Contract Administrator Job in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Requisition ID: 193286
The Contract Administrator administers large complex (sub)contracts. Maintains a continuing review of the progress of each (sub)contract and provides management with information regarding any financial, legal or technical difficulties. Prepares change order and amendments, negotiates with (sub)contractors and customers to obtain settlement.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Administers assigned (sub)contracts, maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial or technical difficulties.
2. Reviews contractor invoices for compliance with contract.
3. Assists in the development of training materials to be used for the implementation of the National Project Management Organizations sanctioned policies and procedures.
4. Present training material to members of the KSA Entities and E-PMO teams.
5. Administers complex contract changes by negotiating with contractor personnel and obtaining agreement.
6. Represents Bechtel or client in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
7. Prepares periodic status reports for management.
Knowledge & Experience
Broad experience in the formation, negotiation and award of all types of contracts
Must have work experience of 10 years as Contracts Engineer on large scale projects
Bachelor in Business, Construction Management, Law or Engineering from accredited University
Experience in developing complex contract types, fee arrangements, terms and conditions.
Experience in contract administration.
Basic knowledge of procurement regulations, policies and practices.
Familiar with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Procurement Law a plus
Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices.
Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication skills.
Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
Ability to speak and understand Arabic a plus
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.